Employer – Renaissance Lancashire Ltd
Job title and ref no – Independent Sexual Violence Advisor/RenISVA005
Post – Full time, 12 month fixed term contract, 37.5 hrs per week
Salary – £25,472.00
Funded by Blackpool Public Health – Renaissance has a vacancy for an Adult ISVA
(Independent Sexual Violence Advisor)
The service currently delivers child and adult ISVA work across Blackpool, Fylde and Wyre, funded by Blackpool Public Health and Children in Need, you will work as part of a team to provide an inclusive and effective Independent sexual violence advisory service
The role entails working specifically with and providing support services to young people and adults aged 16 plus affected by sexual abuse. You will provide a coordinated care package and direct support through the court process for cases with criminal proceedings
We require an individual who is able to start as soon as possible and with minimal training requirements due to the time constraints of the service, however any training required will be given early after start date
|Role and Responsibilities (see JD & PS for more information)
· Offering a full care package to individuals who have experienced sexual abuse and/or rape; providing initial assessment of needs, risk assessment, care plan and ongoing care coordination.
· Providing support and education to affected family members and loved ones.
· To ensure that the individuals needs are met through an initial holistic assessment process.
· To act as an advocate and where appropriate ensure the individuals, opinions and concerns are heard and considered throughout all criminal justice proceedings.
|What you will need
· A relevant degree in health and social care or a comparable qualification/ISVA qualification
· Experience and knowledge of working with vulnerable and hard to reach adults and/or criminal justice/ISVA working/ experience in working with victims and survivors of sexual abuse
· Excellent motivational interviewing techniques, listening & communication skills
· Excellent organisational, case working and time management skills
· Knowledge and experience of coordinating and monitoring a project
· Excellent IT/report writing and presentation skills
· Preferably hold a current driving licence and a vehicle
· You will demonstrate an up to date knowledge and understanding of sexual abuse and the criminal justice process. Ideally you will have experience of working with other groups of vulnerable adults. Experience and or knowledge of counselling skills would also be advantageous. You will be able to work in a flexible way and have confidence in individual and group settings.
|What to expect
· Be welcomed into a diverse team, working for a successful and innovative charity established for 34 years
· Expenses will be paid, mobile phone provided
· NEST Pension enrolment
· Simply Health benefit
· Full management and supervision support
· Admin and HR support
· Quality officer governance and support
· Access to internal and external training offers for personal development
· Study leave
How to Apply
Closing Date for applications – 19/11/2018
For an application pack please contact Nicola Hayton on 01253 311431, email@example.com
Registered Charity No: 1076154/Limited Co No: 03723917
Renaissance has a commitment to safer recruitment through its safeguarding policy and personal staff development in line with Equal Opportunities
If you would like to volunteer for any part of the service then please email Antony Henstock for a volunteer pack